Water Heater Repair and Installation in Metro West, and South Shore Mass
We have complete solutions for all types of water heater issues
Most homeowners don’t think about their water heater until something goes wrong. Unfortunately, a problem with your water heater is at least a major inconvenience, and at worst a significant expense. The water heater experts at Green Energy Mechanical Inc are here to provide you with the repair, maintenance, and installation services you need if you have a problem with your water heater.
In many households, heating water is the third-largest energy expense, accounting for 15% or more of your total energy expenditures every year. We can help you improve your efficiency to save money while ensuring your water heater runs correctly. If you need repairs for your water heater or are interested in replacing your existing one with a new model, call us today or click below to get started! We offer free estimates on all our work in Randolph, Weymouth, Brockton, and throughout the surrounding areas.
Our water heater services
Water heater inspection Repair and maintenance of all water heater types Water heater replacement Variety of water heater types available
Choosing the right type of water heater for your home
Upgrading your water heater can help improve your home’s energy efficiency and save you money on utility costs. Here are the major types of water heaters available:
- Tank-type water heater: These are the most common type of water heaters, typically coming in a 60-gal. or 80-gal. tank. The fuel source for these water heaters can be electricity, natural gas, propane, or fuel oil. Some models include insulated tanks to reduce heat loss.
- Heat pump water heater: Heat pump water heaters also qualify as tank-type water heaters and use electricity to heat the water. This type of water heater is about twice as efficient as a conventional electric tank-type water heater. However, installation requires either the presence of a heat pump system or the installation of one.
- Tankless water heater: Tankless, or “demand” water heaters, are unique because they remain in standby mode until a hot water tap is opened. This allows them to use only the required amount of energy, as water flows automatically through a heat exchanger that is typically powered by natural gas. While more expensive to install, these systems are far more efficient for homeowners whose houses are empty much of the day or who don’t consume large amounts of hot water at one time.
- Indirect water heating system: This system utilizes the furnace or boiler to heat water for washing, so a separate water heater isn’t required. With this type of system, you only pay for heating water when your whole-house heating system isn’t operating.
- Solar water heater: Also known as a solar thermal system, a solar water heater is actually a preheating system that feeds into a tankless or tank-type water heater. When the sun is shining, solar energy alone may provide sufficient heat for the water you’re using. Otherwise, you’ll need to use backup heat for your hot water supply.
Water heater repair services
If your water heater is malfunctioning, Green Energy Mechanical Inc can provide you with an evaluation and complete repair services. The reason for a malfunction depends somewhat on your fuel source, as anything from ignition problems to electrical issues can shut down your water heater. If you’re having issues with a lack of hot water or water pressure problems, we can also help.
If your water heater is leaking, it’s important that you get professional repair services right away. While some leaks can be repaired, in many cases this is a sign that your water heater needs replacement. A full rupture will cause significant water damage to your home.
Get quality water heater repair and installation services for your home
If you’re having issues with your water heater or are interested in a new one, the experts at Green Energy Mechanical Inc have the solutions you need. We can provide you with quality repairs and replacement parts, or install a new, energy-efficient system in your home. Call us today or contact us online to get a free estimate on water heater services for your home! We offer all our work in Randolph, Weymouth, Brockton, Canton, Quincy, Easton, Boston, Cambridge, Braintree, Newton, and throughout the surrounding areas.